Razor E300 Electric Scooter Review
There has been a rise in the popularity of electric scooters recently among both children and adults alike. If you are reading this article, chances are that you have been searching online for an electric scooter. If that is the case, then you have definitely heard of Razor as a brand. Razor has become synonymous with electric scooters as they have consistently combined high-quality materials and bleeding edge technology into their scooters. That is why they are one of the bestselling brands in the market.
The Razor E300 electric scooter is the popular and recognized electric scooter in the Razor E series. As this scooter is geared towards a wide demographic. In this review, we will look into its features and talk about its strengths and weaknesses in a wide range of aspects. We hope this will help convince you that this is the scooter for you.
About the Razor E series
The Razor Eseries (Power Core E90, E100, E200, E200S, E300, and E300S) comprises of many scooters. The difference among them being the age demographic the scooters are geared towards. So, before buying you should look at which one is best suited for you. Here you can also find various models of razor electric scooter reviews.
The Razor E300 is made for teens (older than 13) and adults. The size of this scooter is bigger than the other ones in the E series and so it would be harder for kids to ride it. Its size, design, and speed are perfect for adults who want to use it for riding to work or going to the grocery store, etc. This is a high-speed scooter and that is why it is wise to be careful before giving it to your kid.
Who can ride it?
For an electric scooter, the weight of the rider determines whether he/she can ride it or not. According to Razor the weight limit of this scooter is 220 lbs. or about 100 kg. That means adults can easily ride it without any problem.
Also if you want to ride the scooter in a seated position Razor has you covered. The E300s version is the same scooter as the E300 but it has a seat attached to it for a more comfortable ride.
If you are a beginner and have never ridden an electric scooter before then this is the scooter for you as it is quite beginner friendly.
Key Features of Razor E300 Electric Scooter
There are a lot of amazing features integrated into the Razor E300 electric scooter that would any electric scooter enthusiast excited. From its design to its speed this scooter is hard to beat in terms of performance and quality.
One most attractive aspect of this scooter is how reliable it is. You could easily cover small distances like going to work or school without a hassle. Its battery performance is also fantastic.
The Razor E300’s overall design is quite good. It has a super-sized deck and frame. The build is also pretty decent as it has a steel frame. The customer praised the fact that this scooter is fairly sturdy. One design issue is that the wired for the brakes stay outside from the frame, that makes it look a little clunky.
The E300 also has the biggest frame and tires compared to other scooters in the E series such as E100 or E200. The Razor scooters are known for being strong but lightweight. The E300 is also no exception. It even has many color options such as red, blue and grey.
This scooter contains a high torque, chain driven electric motor that has a power of 300 Watts. This powerful motor can propel the scooter to a top speed of 15 mph. Accelerating it might be a little problematic for some riders. But in terms of torque, this scooter performs well.
If you are looking for a high-speed ride through the rough hilly area this is the scooter for you. Because of its torque and the way, it was designed it can easily scale bumpy roads, rough surfaces, and hilly terrains smoothly. The speed is controlled by a twist grip accelerator.
The Razor E300 electric scooter comes with a 24V sealed lead acid battery. The battery is of course rechargeable and it is composed of two 12V batteries being cascaded together. After being fully charged you can ride the scooter for 40 to 45 minutes. Which is pretty decent and it should get the job done. You can go a good amount of distance at that amount of run time.
You should always charge it for 10-12 hours after use. Also, don’t charge it for longer than that as that could damage the battery.
This scooter has to be charged regularly. If you are concerned about the electric bill spiking, you should consider using it more conservatively.
It does not have a battery indicator. So, you have to look at the wall adapter as it will have a green light come on when the battery gets fully charged.
Foldability and Portability
This electric scooter is not foldable. Despite this scooter being quite lightweight, 52 lbs. are still a lot to just pick up carry around. So, portability is also not an option for this scooter.
In terms of safety, this scooter surely gets an A. Its large deck makes it a lot easier for the rider to balance. Its breaks work pretty well. You can put the brakes on any time you feel you need to slow down or stop. It doesn’t start or stop immediately it changes speed gradually which makes it very safe to ride.
The E300 scooter has 10-inch pneumatic tires that can handle bumpy roads. The tires are suitable for high speed riding as they are quite bigger than other Razor scooters.
Firstly, make sure you have the space to store it while it arrives. Don’t put it in a humid environment as that could damage the tires.
The tools needed to assemble the scooter may be included with it. However, that might not be the case for the newer versions. So, we suggest you get the necessary tools that you will be needing for assembling it.
As for the process of assembling itself, it is quite straightforward. It won’t take you more than 10 to 20 minutes. Some of the tools you will be needing are a wrench, a screwdriver, a valve, and a bicycle tire pump. The tire-pump is used to pump up the scooter’s tires.
Some other features
Here are some other features that we thought the buyers should know:
- The E300 scooter comes with a retractable kickstand, which makes it fairly easy to park without having to lean it against something.
- It is about 52.2 lbs. or 23.7 kg in weight, which is pretty light for an electric scooter
- The break is located at the front of the handlebars. You can use the breaks to control your speed. It is a lever that is operated by hand and it puts resistance to the rear tire.
- The Razor E300 scooter is extremely quiet as its chain driven motor does not make a noise while it is on. That’s a great advantage for the rider as it doesn’t disturb the neighbors while he/she rides it.
- It has a heavy duty extra wide deck that makes it easy for the rider to stand on it and operate it.
- Decent amount of run time
- Easy to assemble
- High speed
- Multiple color options
- Can go up to 3 miles per charge
- Quite chain driven motor
- No charging indicator
- Recharge time is too long
- Loses speed while going up inclines
Who should use it?
Frankly speaking, anybody can use it. Although it is mainly geared towards teenagers and adults, it is also suitable for kids. The E300 is truly versatile. It would make a great gift for your kid. Any kid would be happy have such a high-quality motorized scooter.
What we liked about it
We thought that the design of this scooter was slick and stylish. Its design works well with riders of any age. The Razor E300’s biggest selling point is that it gives the rider a smooth ride no matter the condition. Its pneumatic tires are quite strong and can cancel out the cracks and bumps of the road so that you can ride more comfortably.
The users of this scooter really liked the fact that the scooter is strong and it lasts for a long time. What we liked most about this scooter is its affordability. It may not have a lot of features to offer but for its price, we believe buying the E300 is definitely a bargain.
What we didn’t like about it
We thought that, having no way of locking it up while parking it puts the E300 scooter at a disadvantage. Also, it doesn’t have any lights or reflectors. Having no led lights makes it unsafe while riding at night time. We didn’t like the fact that there is no battery indicator in this scooter. Looking at the wall adapter to find out if the battery is fully charged or not is very inefficient.
What do customers have to say about it
We have looked at hundreds of user reviews on Amazon. 61% of the 1286 reviews gave this scooter a 5-star rating. Here are some of the things they had to say about it:
- The users almost universally adored the fact that this scooter is extremely easy to assemble. That is why it got a 5 out of 5 stars in ease of assembly.
- Many reviewers mentioned that they liked it because of its sturdiness. Its material quality was also appreciated.
- A lot of the customers complained about the E300’s battery life.
- Its speed is its most attractive feature to its users. A lot of the users were amazed that they got to their destination way ahead of the time they had expected to.
- The user warned about having an ample amount of space in the garage to store it, as it doesn’t fold and take up a lot of space.
- The reviewers suggested against buying it if you are willing to go a long distance in it. That is because this scooter does not perform quite as well for long distances. This is because the batteries of this electric scooter don’t last long. Also, you might even have to bring your charger with you wherever you go.
- The users who were extremely satisfied by this scooter were mostly impressed by its longevity. They mentioned that if it is properly taken care of and if the battery is changed from time to time this scooter can easily give a stellar performance for years on end.
Some advice from the users
Here are some of the suggestions that the scooter’s users have mentioned:
- Always charge it at a point while there is some charge left in it. Don’t drain it fully before charging, that damages the battery.
- Turn the scooter off while not in use.
- Store it in a dry environment
The Razor E300 electric scooter is quite simple in terms of features and specs but it performs quite well in the features it does provide. By reading all those reviews we did find that most of the customers who had bought it were thoroughly satisfied by it. They said that they had gotten what they had expected from this scooter and that’s all that mattered to them.
Sure this scooter has some flaws like all products do. The issues some of the customers had could have been easily solved by maintaining it properly. For an affordable price, you will get a scooter that is durable, strong and super-fast. It can move on different kinds of surfaces that make it ideal for a wide range of use.
In terms of comfort, this scooter is hard to beat, as it was designed to give the user a smooth riding experience. It’s a versatile scooter that works well for riders of any age. We cannot recommend it enough. If you are looking for a good reliable high-speed scooter at an affordable price this is what you should buy.